5 Best Hedera (HBAR) Wallets for 2021
Hedera is a smart, innovative, new-generation blockchain network powered by a new technology called the Hashgraph consensus that makes it more scalable with lightning-fast transactions, low bandwidth, and more security. HBAR is the native crypto coin that fuels the network. It is built on a peer-to-peer mechanism to facilitate micropayments and protect Hedera from malicious attacks.
Hashgraph is a distributed ledger technology or DLT that helps the Hedera network to achieve a consensus and communicate with other blockchain networks. The Hedera Hashgraph was founded in 2016 and was developed by Dr. Leemon Baird, co-founder, and CTO at the Swirlds incorporation. It works on aBFT or asynchronous Byzantine Fault Tolerance mechanism that safeguards the platform from malicious infiltrations and facilitates safe and secure transactions.
Hedera Hashgraph Features
- Extremely fast transactions of about 10,000 transactions in a second.
- The Hashgraph consensus protocol safeguards the platform from DDoS attacks and other malware and provides fair access to all transactions for all members of the community.
- Hedera is run by two forms of governance models.The first one being the “Council Government Model” where a governing body controls the transparency and stability of the network. The second one is the “Consensus Model” run by the community of members who are rewarded for taking part in the governance.
- Hedera verifies the identity of its users through KYC/AML authentication to safeguard the network.
- Hedera prohibits forking and maintains stability in the platform by controlling the technical and legal aspects of the network.
- The Gossip Protocol which distributes important information in the network.
- The network allows “Virtual Voting” through a voting algorithm.
- The network is supported by a team of highly efficient professionals.
Best Hedera Wallets For HBAR Coins
If you are looking for the best Hedera Wallets to store HBAR Coins, there are only a few wallets available supporting HBAR. It is also not integrated into any multi-cryptocurrency wallet where users can put all coins and tokens in one place. Other than the wallets listed below, users can also use exchange wallets such as Binance. Let us discuss available HBAR wallets in brief:
Atomic wallet is a popular and trusted cryptocurrency wallet. It is a multi-currency wallet that supports multiple coins and tokens. Atomic wallet is available for mobile as well as desktop platforms. Features list of Atomic Wallet includes:
- It supports over 300+ coins and a big list of tokens including HBAR.
- Atomic wallet is an open-source, decentralized, and anonymous wallet.
- Equipped with an internal exchange so that users can switch coins within the wallet.
- It supports p2p atomic swap between tokens.
- Staking option is available to earn through staking of PoS coins
- Users will also get free airdrop tokens from time to time.
Claim your free 15 Atomic Wallet Coin (AWC):
- Download Atomic Wallet and complete the setup.
- go to setting->airdrop
- fill your email id and use p172G5R to get 15 free AWC coins.
Guarda Wallet is a multi-cryptocurrency crypto wallet available on Web, Desktop, Chrome Extension, and Mobile platforms. With more than 50 blockchains on board, 10k+ tokens, Guarda is one of the most prominent crypto wallets. With Guarda, you can also buy, exchange, stake, borrow assets and even issue your own tokens and much more.
Thanks to integrations with promising projects, Guarda Wallet also supports human-readable addresses like UD, FIO; the multi-signature functionality for BTC and ETH. With Guarda, you can easily store, send, receive and exchange HBAR.
Hedera Hashgraph Mobile Wallet
This open-source mobile wallet can be downloaded into your iOS and Android phones from Apple and Google Play stores. You can get this wallet in the GitHub repository and is licensed under Apache 2.0. The wallet allows you to manage your HBAR coins and create an account in the Hedera mainnet. The mobile wallet allows you to maintain multiple accounts in the network. The interface is simple and functional and will help you view and monitor your account balance.
MyHbarWallet is a web wallet. The wallet is an open-source free wallet built on the same principles of Ethereum wallets. So, users who have used Ethereum wallets will be familiar with the interface. The wallet gives full authority to its users. Users can generate private keys and create a unique account ID and transfer HBAR coins within minutes. MyHbarWallet has a very simple and intuitive interface that allows users to interact easily with the Hedera Hashgraph network.
Ledger Nano S (Coming Soon)
There are more than 25+ cryptocurrency hardware wallets available in the market, out of which Ledger Nano S is one of the most trusted hardware wallets. Those who have used the wallet are familiar with its features. Now, here is the good news! Hedera Hashgraph is planning to implement Ledger Nano S into its network. So far, the wallet app is to be designed to support BIP39-ED25519 mnemonic keys only. You can also create an account in the application and send and receive crypto coins. Buy Ledger Nano Now!!!